StartupSouth, an annual Startup Conference focused on founders has chosen ten startups to pitch for an opportunity of meeting potential investors at the second edition of it’s annual conference.
The focus of StartupSouth is mainly on founders in the South-South and South-East of Nigeria. The conference aims to educate, expose and possibly attract funding to ventures in the states that make up the geo-political regions.
A total of 24 startups applied to pitch at the second edition of StartupSouth. Ten of the startups will receive virtual and physical training.
At the end of the training, a mock pitch is expected from all ten startups. Four startups will be selected to pitch at the second edition of StartupSouth in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
Based on these criteria: social media presence, market size, scalability, innovation, relevance, team, traction. The following startups have been shortlisted to progress to the next phase:
- wattclass – An online learning platform that enables to tutors and students get value for their time and money respectively.
- Dresnice – Online tailoring shop that allows users choose specific designs and order through a website.
- Studacom – Online off-campus student hostel booking and roommate finding platform.
- Notify – Smart school solution that automates test/exams with integrated schools fees collection and reconciliation feature.
- Ioumoney – Online directory for loan providers in Nigeria.
- Piston Spark – Producers of organic Solar Cell for electricity generation by recycling waste lead from lead acid accumulator batteries used in cars
- Payconnect – Online lending portal for the un-banked.
- Mabiri – The app helps users find and buy items from local stores/retailers near you.
- MusicCloud – An online streaming portal that connects unsigned artistes to their fans.
- Garden Groceries – An online grocery store that delivers fresh organic farm produce and products to corporate buyers using an ordering app and delivery support.
The applications received from Startups came from five states namely – Rivers State, Akwa Ibom State, Abia State, Delta State and Bayelsa State. The entries cover startups operating in agro-alied, fin-tech, eCommerce, edutech, energy, fashion and entertainment.
You can register to attend StartupSouth happening on 10th November, 2016 in Port Harcourt, Rivers state, Nigeria.
Nigerian startups raised a total funding of $9.2 million in Q1 2018. Download our report to find out more.
On May 29, 2018, Techpoint will be hosting 5000+ people at Techpoint Inspired, the biggest tech conference in Nigeria. Registration is FREE but you can also get VIP tickets to secure a front row seat and access other perks. For sponsorship opportunities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org