Check out new tech job vacancies this week and apply for roles you are interested in as soon as you can.
Operations Lead/Officer at Medifix
Job type: Full Time
Application deadline: September 22, 2017
- Assist upper management in setting goals/milestones that promote company growth
- Oversee daily activities of the team
- Prepare business plans, budgets, schedules and other organisational reports as needed
- Provide advice and guidance to other employees
- Manage team workloads to meet goals, milestones and deadlines
- Develop plans to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Improve existing processes and policies
- Ensure customer requirements are met in a timely manner
- Manage stock and inventory
- Oversee web, software development and overall technology functions
- Identify improvement areas, plan and implement systems to boost company effectiveness
- Manage internal and external service suppliers
- Execute other duties and requests as is required by the management team
- Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably in Business Administration or Economics
- Previous experience as Operations Lead is preferred but not compulsory
- Computer Literate
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
Interested in this role? Send applications to email@example.com
Full stack Software Engineers at PrognoStore
Application deadline: September 9, 2017
- To work on the development of products for our customers, integration of partners and our growth team
- Work with Product Management, Design, and Platform Engineering to design & implement new products and features for our existing products.
- Passion and drive to change small business applications for the better
- Comfortable working on both client-side and server-side development
- Enterprise with Java
- Experience with Spring MVC framework
- Experience integrating UI testing tools/test automation frameworks
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this role
Database Administrator at Oracle
Job type: Regular Employee Hire
- Install and patch database engine software and related components
- Support Oracle Cloud Engineered systems: ExaCM, OCM and other related Cloud technologies
- Follow Oracle Cloud processes and standards
- Setup, Perform and monitor database backups for successful completion
- Configure Data Guard databases, support, monitoring and rebuild standby DBs
- Monitor database activity, performance, and capacity
- Perform database performance tuning for Oracle Engineered Systems (indexing and optimizer strategies, stored procedures/triggers, partitioning, commit levels, rollbacks, locking schemes, temporary spaces/sort areas, and memory management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in multi-tier architecture environment required
- High-level skills in database development/management software and general computer programming and demonstrated experience in database analysis, scoping, data and process mapping;.
- 6+ years of work experience with production database administration
- Fundamental understanding of computer networking, systems and database technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communications skills. (English required, Spanish Language a plus)
- Oracle certifications are a plus
- Experience with OEM, Grid control, RMAN and tape management systems
For more details about this job opening and to apply, search for this vacancy on the company’s career page
UI/UX Designer at Andela
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Experience: Mid Level
- Lead our design efforts to ensure that our internal products converse well with their users
- Create standards & components to be used across our product suite for a unified experience
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand the company’s goals and users
- Partner with Product Leaders to conduct user research
- Create low-fidelity wireframes and hi-fidelity mockups that ensure alignment with all stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure that we’re constantly delivering to specification.
- Located in Lagos, Nigeria
- 3-5+ years of UI/UX design experience at a software company
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease
- Obsessed with staying up-to-date on the latest UI/UX trends, techniques and tools
Solutions Developer at AXA Mansard Insurance Plc.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Architecture of savings and investment related technological solutions, ensuring utility, flexibility and simplicity.
- Streamline processes systematically and proactively using new, emerging and cost effective technologies.
- Drive investment related (in conjunction with supporting group) initiatives applying deep data analytics and implementation of AI/machine learning.
- Participate actively in the agile and continuous development and deployment of digital strategies for the business
- Ensure all online and web applications are flexible and simple to use by all stakeholders.
- Manage the engagement of third party developers/consultants in line with AXA group outsourcing standard.
- Ensure proper documentation of every aspect of application implementation including setup and maintain records, software updates, and changes to the applications.
- Ensure all development conforms to standard system development life cycle plan
- Integrate and manage different distribution channels (online, POS, ATM, and mobility)
- Ensure proper backup of source codes in line with AXA group standard
- Work with solution providers to implement software and ensure that application deployment is carried out in accordance with pre-defined standards and in line with user requirement documentation.
- A major in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in digital, IT or other relevant technology related roles.
- Keen interest in disrupting the savings, investment and finance fields.
- Understanding and application of contemporary programming languages.
- Understanding of user experience design.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Good knowledge of business process evaluation and design
- Project management and systems network knowledge
Interested in this role? Click here to apply.
Team Lead, Application Development at FirstBank
Job type: Full-time
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to the Head, Digital Lab, the ideal candidate will have responsibility for managing a team of developers and system testers in developing and innovating technologies as well as system designing and working closely with the Solution Architect in transforming the customer experience. Specific responsibilities amongst others include:
- Translating ideas into engineering design and logical units of tasks
- Evaluating technical feasibility and implementation of deployable items
- Writing and verifying codes and ensuring strict adherence to acceptable criteria
- Engage product owners to develop products that create value to customer in line with product development best practices
- A minimum of Bachelor’s/HND Degree in Business, Information Technology or any numerate related field
- Minimum of 6 years experience in design and development of solutions
- Sound knowledge of Project team Management
- Good experience with agile and test-driven development, and behavioral driven development
- Advanced knowledge of object oriented design principles
- Robust experience with continuous integration (Jenkins) and version control (Git)
Interested in this opening? Apply here
Previously Featured Jobs
Applications are ongoing for the following roles;
Java Engineer at Quality Driven Solution
Programmer at Iska FX
Marketing Lead at FINT
Software Developer at Prevalent Systems Nigeria Limited
Looking to fill any vacancy in your company/organisation? Tell us about it by filling this form
Techpoint is conducting a survey of tech worker salary satisfaction in Nigeria. Please take just three minutes to fill this anonymous form. Thank you.