We have compiled a list of some available job openings for you this week. Be sure to apply for roles you are interested in as soon as you can.
Freelance Graphic Designer at Launch Pad
Job type: Remote
Application deadline: September 25, 2017
- Create graphic designs for Launch Pad’s website, marketing efforts, social media pages, prints, t-shirts, and wherever else a graphic might be needed
- Create graphics that will excel Launch Pad’s brand and drive business growth
- Excited about working for a high growth company that is doing work on a global scale
- Work on an ad hoc basis — most likely completing 3-5 projects a month
- Work remotely but available for virtual check in meetings”
- Design aesthetics that align with Launch Pad
- Innovative and creative individual looking to grow as an individual and with our team
- Understands that working on an ad-hoc basis is not always predictable but is comfortable working asynchronously
- Comfortable working remotely, responsive, and will meet deadlines when projects are presented.
There are no profile, background or educational requirements for this role–we are looking to hire completely based on the individual’s skills
Interested in this role? Apply here
UI/UX Designer at iQube Labs
Location: Lagos, Yaba
Job type: Full Time
Application deadline: September 27, 2017
- Developing User Interfaces based on business requirements and usability and acceptable standards
- Design and create web interfaces & experiences that synchronize the business objectives with optimal user experience for the group platform.
- Sketch prototypes, Wire-frame development, partake in ideation sessions and work on visual assets for the group.
- Corporate Branding and graphics designs
- User Interface Prototyping and user flow interaction
- Development of Buyer guide / Storyline
- User Interface design mock-ups”
- Experience in designing web applications with a capacity for simplifying complexity and ability to create wide-palatable UIs and workflows.
- A clear understanding of design-centered processes, proven methodologies for identifying and solving problems.
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery and graphic elements.
- Experience with testing methodologies (user testing sessions, A/B, etc.) preferred.
Interested in this role? Send applications to email@example.com
Senior PHP Developer at Jumia
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, product owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Write module, well-organized code.
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in web development with Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent knowledge of PHP5 or other OOP language
- Proficient with MySQL or other leading RDBMS
- Experienced in web server-side and client-side technologies
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks (Zend Framework, Yii, Symfony2 or similar)
- Clear understanding of the Internet Protocol Suite
- Experienced in Version Control technologies (GIT, SVN)
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
Click here to apply for this opening.
IT Network Administrator at MainOne
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team,
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Minimum HND/BSc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years networking, database and Security industry experience.
- CCNP in Routing & Switching a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with: Information systems, Unix/Linux, Windows AD, ERPs, LANS/WANS; Windows Server Environment, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Internet Information Services, Oracle, Web design, software development languages, backup systems
Software Engineer (Web) at Hello Tractor
- Development of all server-side logic
- Definition and maintenance of the central database,
- Ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Integrating front-end elements into the application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- At least 3 years experience building web products – frontend and backend ( you will be required to provide links and sample work)
- Proficiency building applications using PHP, MySQL, Redis
- Experience using the Laravel framework (version 5.2.*) and a lot of Laravel packages
- Experience designing and building APIs and webhooks
- At least four years engineering experience with a large portion in a team environment
- Deep understanding of relational databases
- Solid competency with SQL
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
For more details about this role and to apply, click here.
Previously Featured jobs
Front-end and Back-end Web Development Instructor at NESA by Makers
Software experts at Clintonel Innovation Centre (CIC)
Business Manager at iQube Labs
Looking to fill any vacancy in your company/organisation? Tell us about it by filling this form
Techpoint is conducting a survey of tech worker salary satisfaction in Nigeria. Please take just three minutes to fill this anonymous form. Thank you.