This week is loaded with opportunities you really don’t want to miss. Especially for business owners, startups and even gamers. Browse through them and apply for the one(s) that suit you best.
Itanna’s call for investment in fintech startups
Honeywell Group and the African Economic Revolution Fund (AERF), have joined forces to launch a new innovation space for Lagos – due to open in February 2018. A surprising, if not interesting play by one of Nigeria’s most well-known corporates, the move sees a new dynamic emerging between the more traditional African business model, and the Nigerian start-up ecosystem. Honeywell, known for its ability to pivot and stay current, has now decided to invest further in tech, innovation and entrepreneurship, by creating a space in Lagos that will house 10 cohorts on a 5-month cycle. Each cohort will receive $20,000 initial funding, as well as access to the AERF and Honeywell Group networks. The top 2 graduates will also be able to access another $100,000 investment.
- 5-month programme starting mid-February in a collaborative community working space
- $20,000 investment from Honeywell Group and AERF in all participants
- $100,000 investment from Honeywell Group and AERF in the top 2 graduates
- Introductions to and guidance from Honeywell Group key decision makers
- Hands-on advice from the AERF experts
- Mentoring from leading entrepreneurs and industry experts in Africa
- The opportunity to pitch your business to Honeywell Group and AERF’s networks of investors
How to apply
Application is open from now till mid-January. Visit the website to apply immediately.
New Ventures Competition 2018
The Africa Business Club at Harvard Business School will be hosting its 20th Africa Business Conference New Venture Competition on March 2, 2018, in Boston, MA under the theme “Values and Value-Chains: Africa In a New Global Era”. As part of the conference, the New Venture Competition will showcase the diversity of entrepreneurs making a difference on the continent today.